Ankle and Foot Orthotics are orthopedic devices that fit in a shoe to make foot motion more efficient, reduce the risk of foot injury, and modify foot function. Custom orthotics are created using an impression of the patient’s foot, which duplicates any misalignments in the foot’s structure. Orthotics are designed to treat, adjust and support various biomechanical foot disorders and in some cases may be used as an alternative to surgery. Custom orthotics can be especially beneficial to patients who suffer from diabetes, plantar fasciitis, hammer toes, heel spurs, and arthritis.
There are several common symptoms that may indicate misalignment of the feet. These signs and symptoms include the following:
- Abnormal shoe wear (e.g., one side of the sole of the shoe wears out faster than the other)
- Chronic heel (e.g., plantar fasciitis), knee, or low back pain
- Flat feet
- Frequent ankle sprains
- Gait abnormalities (e.g., feet point inward or excessively outward during walking)
- Shin pain (e.g., shin splints)
How to Get Custom Ankle & Foot Orthotics
Dr. Kesler is an expert on foot function and biomechanics. Your evaluation will include a gait and full biomechanical examinations to determine which type of orthotics are right for you.
TOM-CAT 3D Foot Scanner Dr. Kesler now offers the TOM-CAT™ Foot Scanner that minimizes the steps required to prescribe your ankle and foot orthotics. Traditional casting methods require messy plaster, clean up, and sometimes require more than one casting to get the proper mold for your feet. The TOM-CAT 3D Scanner is a safe, accurate, and clean system that replaces traditional methods of prescribing orthotics and produces better and faster results.
- No more messy casting
- No clean up required
- Various foot positions for your comfort
- Eliminates commonly encountered problems with traditional casting
- Get results in only seconds
- Very accurate for the best possible orthotic prescription
- No need for additional casting appointments